Please attend the August 19, 2015, LHENA board meeting and participate in the community vote on two motions. The meeting will be held at the SpringHouse Ministry Center, 610 West 28th Street (28th and Garfield Ave.).
One motion amends the neighborhood priority plan for environment to add the additional initiatives which were identified as priorities through community surveys. The full motion:
Amend the neighborhood priority plan for environment to add the additional initiatives which were identified as priorities through community surveys:
1) Upgrade neighborhood parks, boulevards, and public spaces through environmental improvements.
2) Increase park services and upgrade park equipment and facilities.
3) Form partnerships with entities such as the Midtown Greenway Coalition, apartment complexes, city departments, and other associations to improve environmental sustainability. This may include many different sustainability programs, such as bee friendly gardens and prairie restoration.
4) Develop water quality improvement initiatives.
5) Promote energy efficiency programs.
6) Conduct neighborhood cleanup programs.
The other motion transfers NRP Phase I funds to benefit the Mueller Park landscaping project. The full motion:
Transfer the following NRP Phase I uncontracted funds to the new NRP Phase I Mueller Park Landscaping Project contract:
Jefferson Computer Center $1,679.54
Jefferson Interior Improvements $4,190.55
Below Market Improvement Loans from GHMC $21,653.33 Architecture Contest $2,200.00
Housing Repairs for Disabled/Elderly $6,122.52
Totaling $ 35,845.94
This amount is in addition to the current Mueller Park balance of $ 5,000.00, making the total contract $ 40,845.94.