Geographically, our borders include Hennepin Avenue, Lyndale Avenue and Lake Street in South Minneapolis. Being centrally located means that it’s easy to get around The Wedge Neighborhood. For those on two wheels, there is the Midtown Greenway and Bryant Ave Bikeway. Officially, we are known as Lowry Hill East (although almost everyone calls us “The Wedge”) after Thomas Lowry one of Minneapolis’ original developers.
A variety of housing options can be found in the Wedge. These range from 19th century Victorian homes (such as the Gluek House) and 1920s bungalows to mid-century apartment buildings and, more recently, new high-end condominium and apartment developments. Many are drawn to the diverse mix of housing offered, resulting in a densely populated neighborhood.
Amenities and Activities
Situated between Downtown and Uptown ensures many interesting places to explore. Here’s a sampling of places in the neighborhood:
- Mueller Park with a wading pool, picnic areas and playground for kids
- Experience Lyndale with Up and Down Lyndale
- Jefferson Community School
- Walker Library is the closest library
- A listing of local Wedge businesses by Experience Southwest
- Neighborhood news, events, and business information can be found by clicking here.
- Uptown Association
- Lyn-Lake Business Association
- Lowry Hill District (formerly South Hennepin Business Association)
- Whittier Businesses
- Lake Street Council
- Experience Southwest