Each year, we work on several initiatives designed to advance certain clearly-defined neighborhood priorities. Each priority has a dedicated “working group” or committee comprised of residents and Board members who collaborate throughout the year to design and implement meaningful, targeted projects.This year, we are developing initiatives for the following priorities:
(1) Making Physical Aesthetic Improvements to Our Public Spaces
This priority is being advanced by our Public Space Working Group. Potential projects for this year include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and installing new neighborhood signs
- Revitalizing the overlooked park at the “top” of the Wedge, between Aldrich and Bryant
- Commissioning locally-designed art to cover neighborhood utility boxes
- Developing urban gardens in unused or underutilized public spaces
(2) Improving the Environmental Sustainability of Our Neighborhood
This priority is being advanced by our Environmental Sustainability Working Group. Potential projects for this year include, but are not limited to:
- Adding beneficial natural features to our public spaces, such as rain gardens to decrease runoff, native plants to promote and support local ecologies, etc.
- Conducting a neighborhood “clean sweep”
- Promoting composting and the city’s recycling program
(3) Building Social Bonds Among Neighbors
This priority is being advanced by our Social Working Group. Potential projects for this year include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and promoting an interesting and engaging Annual Meeting in the Spring
- Carrying out a 3rd Annual Neighborhood Swap in Mueller Park during Summer
- Planning and promoting our popular Fall Ghost Stories/Haunted Homes event
- Throwing a neighborhood holiday party at the end of each year
(4) Promoting Smart Growth and Improving Our Zoning Code
This priority is advanced by our Zoning and Planning Committee, which meets monthly to consider and vote on proposed developments and business concepts in our neighborhood.
When residents join one of our working groups or committees, the quality and execution of our projects always improves. Click on our “Get Involved” tab to learn how you can do your part to make our neighborhood a more attractive, sustainable, and socially-connected place to live.