The Environmental Committee committee meets the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. at the Study located at 2909 Hennepin Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408.
The Environment committee seeks to improve the natural environment of our neighborhood and its surroundings through community-oriented projects. Our current projects include:
- developing programs for renters to access organics recycling
- Want to access the new organics recycling bins at the Wedge Co-op? Click here for more info.
- improving the urban wildlife garden along the Greenway between Colfax and Dupont Ave
- Contact Bernadette Knaeble to join in weekly garden work!
- improving plantings and installing a rain garden in Mueller Park
- participating in the Lake Street Energy Challenge by hosting home energy workshops to give residents resources for energy efficiency and renewable energy
- clean water advocacy to reduce leaf and salt run-off during the fall and winter
Here is the link to our agendas and past meeting notes.
We welcome new-comers and new project ideas. Meetings are casual and very interactive. Join us!